The KUPAVA Auction House is to be held with the aim to further broaden a scope of the art market and to replenish it with works of art that have gone through appropriate assessments by art experts.
The Auction House organizers intend:
- to draw the attention of the general art public to major phenomena on the contemporary art scene;
- to provide landmarks in the advancement of Ukrainian art, with a special focus on creative quests of the most representative artists;
- to set a precedent of a discriminative approach acquiring pieces of art, having in mind the particular painter's rank, the art marketing appraisal and a scope of his representation in art collections, galleries and museums;
- to furnish informative guidelines for art collectors and art lovers in various spheres of Ukrainian art, guidelines established under the influence of Ukrainian national school, which evaluate artistic realities with the world art context;
- to provide a financial rating for the painters-participants, taking into account their creative achievements and art critics' response.
The organizers of the auction house are experts in the art market: experts, managers, gallery owners.